On New Year's Eve we had friends over for dinner. I had planned on trying out this new recipe. Having an almost 2 month old can really shake things up. Instead of me cooking the 4 of us all had a hand in fixing this delicious creation. I highly suggest that everyone should try out this recipe. If you love pasta and alfredo sauce then this is the recipe for you. I wish I had pictures of the cooking process but there was no time. I will say the sauce will seem extremely thin at first. Once you add the linguine and let it sit, it actually thickens up. It says to pour the sauce over the linguine. Well, I added it all together. I quadrupled the recipe and had plenty for the four of us and then some. If you are on a diet then this is not the recipe for you!
Creamy Cajun Chicken Pasta
25 min | 10 min prep
* 2 boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into thin strips
* 4 ounces linguine, cooked al dente
* 2 teaspoons cajun seasoning
* 2 tablespoons butter
* 1 thinly sliced green onion
* 1-2 cup heavy whipping cream
* 2 tablespoons chopped sun-dried tomatoes
* 1/4 teaspoon salt
* 1/4 teaspoon dried basil
* 1/8 teaspoon ground black pepper
* 1/8 teaspoon garlic powder
* 1/4 cup grated parmesan cheese
1. Place chicken and Cajun seasoning in a bowl and toss to coat.
2. In a large skillet over medium heat, sauté chicken in butter or margarine until chicken is tender, about 5 to 7 minutes.
3. Reduce heat add green onion, heavy cream, tomatoes, basil, salt, garlic powder, black pepper and heat through.
4. Pour over hot linguine and toss with Parmesan cheese.