Nathan bought me a Singer 247 from an auction last Christmas. Its so nice. He had gotten it serviced. It is also attached to a sewing table. It took me a short time to put the bobbin in and get the main thread threaded. I had a hard time getting the needle to pick up the thread from the bobbin. After about 5-10 minutes it was ready to be used. Then I had to decide what to make. I found the leftover strip of fabric from the bottom of my nursing cover. The strip was two different fabric's sewed on the bottom. I decided they would make the perfect bean bags.
The finished product. I placed the pieces of fabric wrong side out and began sewing up all the sides except one. I turned it right side out then filled it with rice since that's what I had on hand. Then I rolled the rough edges inside and sewed it up. I know there's probably a better method but it was my first time doing that.
Grayson loves them! One of the best things I could have ever made him. It didn't cost anything since I had everything on hand.
The opposite side.
I'm still working on sewing straight lines.
I plan on making some more soon but this time I plan on measuring. I'd like to make them for my friends son Rylie. His birthday is next month and I know he'd enjoy them. I need to look in my fabric stash to see what I have. Although it will give me an excuse to go buy more fabric. ;)