Wednesday, November 26, 2008

Quick Update

I haven't had a chance to really update like I wanted to. I was able to write up a quick list of things that has been going on. Pretty much some of Grayson's firsts. :) IF I remember to I may go more into detail about some of them. I still have so much to catch up on. Eventually this blog may turn into more than just about Grayson. Well, actually it will still be mostly about him. I'm just not sure if I want to keep up 2 blogs...even though my dreaming in technicolor is hardly ever updated. We'll see.

Tuesday, November 11th
Korey took us to his lactation appointment at the hospital. It went well. The lady weighed him and he was 8lbs 9oz. Grayson went to his first restaurant "La Fogata" and first store "Target".

Thursday, November 13th
My Mom drove us to his 1 week check up. He weighed 8lbs 9oz.

Wednesday, November 19th
Grayson's umbilical cord came off while I was changing him. All he had on was a diaper and I picked him up to lay out his clothes. As I put him down I noticed his cord was stuck to the top of his chest. I had blood on my shirt. It really freaked me out but I was happy it came off.

Thursday, November 20th
I drove for the first time in a while. Went to his 2 week check up. He weighed 8lbs 9 1/2 oz.

Sunday, November 23rd
Grayson went to his first family gathering. We celebrated an early Thanksgiving at Nathan's Aunt Marci's house. There were 10 other kids there and it was insanely loud. Grayson slept through the whole thing. He wasn't bothered one bit. Several family members held him. I was a bit nervous, but they stayed close to me as they held him. That made me feel better.

Monday, November 24th
Went to see the Occupational Therapist. He weighed 8lbs 14 1/2 oz.

Tuesday, November 25th
Grayson usually smiles a lot while he sleeps, but today was the first time I ever noticed him smile while he was awake. He wasn't looking at me when he smiled. He was focused on the newspaper I believe. He was looking at it and then the biggest smile came across his face.

Wednesday, November 26th
Grayson went with me to the dentist. Everyone loved looking at him. He did very well. When at home I laid him in the floor on his blanket. He rolled to his left side. That was the first time I've ever seen him do that.

Tomorrow is Thanksgiving. Its going to be a LONG and EXHAUSTING day. Despite that I'm looking forward to celebrating Grayson's first Thanksgiving. I have an adorable outfit for him to wear. I hope he's able to stay in it all day. We have 2 dinners to go to. One at Nathan's Grandparents and the other is at Franklin & Korey's. The grandparents is at 1 and Korey's is at 5pm. We will be doing a lot of eating tomorrow! :)


  1. Aww so much in such a short time!

  2. It sounds like he's doing so well. :) I had to laugh about you mentioning you hoped he'd stay in the same outfit all of Thanksgiving. I had forgotten how newborns often require frequent changes due to spit ups and diaper leaks!

    Have a wonderful day. :)

  3. Awww!!! It sounds like you're having a great time with Grayson! I LOVE that name BTW! hehe yes I laughed about him trying to stay in that outfit too. Daniel didn't stay in one long lol I pray your day was wonderful showing off your lil' man!

  4. Thanks for the update :) Things sound like they are going really well. I hop you had a blessed Thanksgiving! :)

  5. :-) He is definately such a sweet little boy. I hope you had a great first Thanksgiving as a family.