Thursday, November 5, 2009

This time last year....

I was having some fierce contractions that were close together. It was 7:57pm like it is right now and I was laying on my in-laws couch breathing through it. I had a full belly from the yummy meal my MIL had made. It was also the most difficult meal I ever ate. I remember I had have to hurry and eat a bite before the next contraction. Some of the contractions were really close and almost caused me to choke on my food. Thankfully I was able to finish my meal.

A little after 8 Nathan and I went home. We went to bed for the night. I knew that Grayson was going to be coming soon. I slept for a couple of hours and woke up with more contractions. I kept track of how many minutes they were apart on my laptop. I held out a few hours before waking Nathan. The contractions were 5-7 minutes apart for an hour. I knew it was time to go the hospital. It took forever to get Nathan out of the bed. He didn't believe me. He thought I was in false labor like the night before. It was actually the beginning stages of labor. After each contraction I would yell at him to get up. He took his time getting ready. It was terrible. I remember telling him I was going on out to the car before I had another contraction. As soon I open the car door I have another contraction. Nathan finally comes out to the car and we leave. As soon as we drove out of our driveway my contractions were 4 minutes apart. We hit every railroad track on the way. I kept thinking through each break of how much closer I was to meeting my little boy.

Its hard to believe my baby will be a "toddler" tomorrow. I've been reminiscing a lot while planning for his party. Its truly bittersweet.

1 comment: