My MIL Darlene threw me a baby shower at her church yesterday. It was 2-4pm. I was so excited!! My Mom and Korey met me at my house and then we rode over to the church. Its that it was only 5 minutes from my house (or less). We got there 10 minutes early and I was surprised at how many people were there. There was maybe 15 people there. I wasn't expecting many to show up.
The fellowship hall was decorated beautifully. Darlene printed out some of my belly pictures and placed them under glass on a table. Then she had a vase of silk Gerber Daisies that were from our wedding sitting on top. It was so pretty. There was a very nice spread of food on the table. There was some very cute cupcakes that had baby booties piped on them. Debbie (friend of family) made a baby carriage out of a watermelon and other fruit. It was so neat!
Darlene pinned on my corsage which had a lot of sentimental value. The main part of the corsage was Nathan's Baby Rattle. Darlene actually wore it as part of her corsage at her baby shower (Nathan was born 6 weeks premature & was at his own baby shower). I thought that was so sweet.
I was so excited about opening presents. I was given the go ahead on opening them. Kay (Nathan's cousin) handed me the gifts and Breanne wrote down the gifts I received. There was so many ADORABLE baby things. I couldn't believe how many clothes we got. Opening up all of those presents made it more real to me that we are indeed having a baby BOY.
During the middle of opening gifts Jackie (Christopher's boss) came in. She said she needed help with her gift. My eyes about bugged out when I saw the HUGE gift that was being brought to me. On top of it was a cute stuffed Tigger Rattle. I took off the HUGE bag and inside was the Travel System. I was shocked, because that's a huge pricey gift. Jackie and her cousin when in on it together. I was ecstatic.
I took a break from all the gifts and was served yummy food and punch. I couldn't eat all my food because the baby was laying a weird way. Then it was back to opening presents. When I finally finished opening presents it was time for cleanup.
So many people were shocked when they found out I'm 33 weeks along. They figured I was maybe 6 months. I got so many compliments on how wonderful I look. Everyone told me I obviously have only gained in the front. Lets just say I did a lot of blushing with all the compliments.
We were so blessed with all the gifts from everyone. I can't believe how well everything turned out. In total there may have been 30 people that showed up. It was a great turnout. I do have lots of pictures to share. Korey was my photographer. Darlene was able to take some too. I still have to get those from her.
Here's the list of everything we were given:
1. Fisher-Price Rainforest Waterfall Peek-a-Boo Soother
2. 7 Piece Healthcare Organizer
3. Baby Einstein Links
4. 3-pack Hooded Towels
5. Stuffed Giraffe
6. 2-pack Pacifiers with case
7. Doggy Baby Booties
8. 3 6-pack washcloths
9. American Redcross Deluxe Baby Healthcare & Grooming Kit
10. Teddy Bear Hat
11. Knitted/Crocheted Hat
12. Pair of Monkey Socks
13. Carter's Hooded Alligator Towel
14. Gerber Hooded Towel & Washcloth Set
15. Carter's 6 piece gift set (Ducky Hooded Towel, 2 Washcloths, 3 Bath Toys)
16. Baby Picture Frame
17. Shadowbox Handprint Kit
18. 3 Fresh Friends Air Fresheners
19. 3-pack Johnson's Baby Oil
20. Carter's Deluxe Brag Book
21. 2-packs of Baby Wipes
22. Baby Powder
23. Lavender Bedtime Baby Oil Gel
24. Oatmeal Wash & Shampoo
25. Johnson's First Touch: Desitin, Cotton Swabs, Baby Wash, Baby Lotion, & Baby Shampoo
26. Stuffed Tigger Rattle
27. Baby Tea Cup
28. Baby's First Christmas Ornament
29. 2 Bottle Brushes
30. Pair of Infant Shoes
31. Newborn Cap & Booties
32. Gerber Cap, Booties, & Mittens Set
33. Gerber Booties
34. 2-Pair Mittens
35. 2 Crocheted Blankets
36. Carter's Stuffed Puppy Dog
37. Gerber 5-Pack Onesies 3-6 months
38. Carters 2-Pack Bodysuits 3-6 months
39. 2 Waterproof Multi-Use Pads
40. 3-Pack Sports Burp Cloths
41. Fisher-Price Wipes Travel Case
42. Baby Tweety Rattle
43. Winnie the Poo Pacifier Attacher
44. Sassy Diaper Sacks
45. 2 Pack Pacifiers
46. First Years Comfort Care All-In-One Bathing Brush (Cradle Cap Brush, Soft Sponge, Liquid Dispenser)
47. Munchkin 2-Pack Hot Cling Shades
48. Safety 1st Nail Clippers
49. Infantino Wrist Rattles
50. 4-Pack Wash Cloths
51. 2 Wash Cloths
52. 10 Pack Blue Infant & Toddler Hangers
53. Carter's 5-Pack Newborn Puppy Dog Bodysuits
54. Soft Blue Polka Dotted Blanket
55. Carter's Daddy's Champ Fleece Blanket
56. Circo Blue Polka Dotted Blanket
57. Carter's Soft Baby Blue Blanket "Thank heaven for baby boys"
58. 2 Crocheted Baby Blankets
59. Hand-made Tag Blanket from Grandma
60. Hand-made Blanket from Grandma
61. $120 in cash
62. $55 in Target Gift Cards
63. 2 Newborn Outfits
64. 8 0-3month Outfits (some with bibs)
65. 1 0-6month Outfit
66. 9 3month Outfits
67. 7 3-6month Outfits (some with bibs)
68. 8 6-9month Outfts (some with bibs)
69. 1 12month Outfit
70. Carter's Ducky Hooded Robe 0-9months
71. Winnie the Pooh Bath Robe Sack
72. Hello Teddy Hat
73. Graco Quattro Tour Travel System - Catalina
74. Teddy Bear Figurine
75. The First Years Sure Comfort Newborn-to-Toddler Tub
76. Fisher-Price Rainforest Bath Center
I'll try to post pictures soon. I have my 33 week check up tomorrow. I'm curious to see if I've gained any weight or not.
Belly Pics below.